Sunday, September 27, 2015

Korean Poem [Secrets] Han Young-un



Secrets

by Han Young-un (1879~1944)


Secrets? O no. What secrets can I have?
I tried to keep my secrets from  you,but in vain.

My secrets have entered your sight through my tears
My secrets have entered your hearing through my sighs
My secrets have entered your touch through my trembling hears;

Another secret of mind has become my devotion and entered your dreams.
Still I have one final secret. But it cannot be revealed, being like a voiceless echo


◈ Young-un Han, his real name: Man-hae Han(family nam).
Young-un Han's native place: Yucheon in Chungcheongnam-do Hongseong South Korea. 
He was later given the Buddhist name Manhae.
Manhae (July 12, 1879 – May 9, 1944) was a twentieth century Korean Buddhist reformer and poet. 
He was one of the patriot signatories to the 1919 Declaration of Independence in May 1st 1919. 
He was a person 33 representatives from Buddhism at the time of the Korean Independence Movement of 1919 (the March 1st Movement).

※ The holiday commemorates a 1919 civil uprising against Japan's colonial rule.




No comments:

Post a Comment