Wednesday, May 27, 2020

A Poem in June 'A Red, Red Rose'

It's almost June.
Enjoy a poem with a red rose. 🌹



A RED, RED ROSE 

Robert Burns 

O, My Love Is Like A Red Red Rose
That's newly sprung in June
O, My Love is like a melody
That's sweetly played in tune

As fair art thou, my bonnie lass,
So deep in love am I
And I will love thee still, my dear,
Till all the seas gang dry.

Till all the seas gang dry, my dear,
And the rocks melt with the sun
O, I will love thee still, my dear
While the sands of life shall run

And fare thee well, my only love
And fare thee well a while!
And I will come again, my love
Though it were ten thousand mile



O my love is the red, red rose, 

That's newly sprung in June; 
O my love is like the Melodie, 
That's sweetly played in tune. 

As fair art thou, my bionic lass, 
So deep in love am I; 
And I will love thee still, my dear, 
Till the seas gang dry: 

Till the seas gang dry, my dear, 
And the rocks melt wi the sun; 
O I will love thee still, my dear, 
While the sands o life shall run. 

And fare thee weel, my only love! 
And fare thee weel a while! 
And I will come again. my Love, 

Tho it was ten thousand miles.




Robert Burns (1759-1796) 

a Scottish lyricist 
using a natural, plain Scottish dialect. 
Auld Lang Syne, etc. by presenting a series of serious lyric poems. 
left a world-famous masterpiece 
There is a collection of poems called Poems Chiefly in Scottish Dialact (1786).


No comments:

Post a Comment