Sunday, June 14, 2020

SONNET 29 in Korean



Sonnet 29 And A Magnanimous Man


I really like Sonnet 29, which shows my state of mind very well in writing. 
I like Shakespeare's sonnet better because it was translated well into Korean by Pi Chun-deuk.





And I know a man who lives a life similar to this Sonnet 29.
"The Road Not Taken" is the one who's going this way.
He has lived in this life(Sonnet 29) ever since he decided to go this way.

If you're not interested in peace, don't click on it. 
If you want peace, click on the address below to find out about one person on this path. 
 http://www.peacefan.org/2020/06/the-road-not-taken-and-peace.html?m=0 
(The Road Not Taken and A Peace Advocate Poem story)
          



SONNET  No. 29




-William Shakespeare-



When in disgrace with fortune and men's eyes,

I all alone beweep my outcast state,

And trouble deaf heaven with my bootless cries,

And look upon me, and curse my fate,

Wishing me like to one more rich in hope,

Featured like him with friends possessed

Desiring this man's art and that man's scope,

With what I most enjoy contented least;

Yet in these thoughts myself almost despising,

Haply I think on thee, and then my state,

Like to the dark at the break of day arising


From sullen earth, sings hymns at Heaven's gate;


For thy sweet love remember's such wealth brings


That then I score to change my state with kings.






소네트 29


옮긴이 피천득

운명과 세인의 눈에 천시되어,
나는 혼자 버림받은 신세를 슬퍼하고 
소용없는 울음으로 
귀머거리 하늘을 괴롭히고 
내 몸을 돌아보고 
나의 형편을 저주하도다.
희망 많기는 이 사람, 
용모가 수려하기는 저 사람, 
친구가 많기는 그 사람 같기를 
이 사람의 재주를, 
저 사람의 권세를 부러워하며, 
내가 가진 것에는 만족을 못 느낄 때, 
그러나 이런 생각으로 
나를 거의 경멸하다가도 
문득 그대를 생각하면, 
나는 첫새벽 적막한 대지로부터 날아올라 
천국의 문전에서 노래 부르는 종달새,
그대의 사랑을 생각하면 곧 부귀에 넘쳐, 
내 운명(팔자), 제왕과도 바꾸려 아니하노라



William Shakespeare's Sonnet 29, which was introduced just now, has some parts that do not fit this advocate of peace, but there is one that is closest to the poem. But I want to sing a great song for the advocate of peace on this road that no one would recognize, but I end up with William Shakespeare's Sonnet 29.


                      

No comments:

Post a Comment